Basic lighting and scenery for a motion graphics piece of mine.
I have all the sets done, I just need to light them, take photos (it’s stop motion) and then take photos of my model.
She’s probably going to be one of my favorite models…Honestly, she’s gorgeous. I loved doing sketches of her just to place her and how I want her actions to look like. ;)
On the way to penn station.
Train was supposed to leave at 5:30am.
Train is actually leaving around 6:30am.
making things hi-res pixel art!
For some reason the cloth and chainmail look the best… I need to work on my highlights. :/
For previous pixel art/the low-res versions of the characters, please look to the previous post.
Decided that I really had never tried pixel art… first attempt at converting characters to pixel art.
I wanted to try something beyond basic pose, so I did a battle stance for the Knight (Matt) and the Rogue (Valentine). I’m in the middle of making a fighting stance for the girl (Bell).
If for nothing else, than the pixel art for this is amazing…
Also… Shadow of the Colossus and Katamari Damacy might be one of the two best games I’ve played, and continue to play over and over again. ;)
For an animation project I plan on doing stop motion with a model running across pages of a book for the scenery. The scenery will be made out of pages from other books, possibly dyed slightly different colors from their original coloration.
Before I go about making the “sets” though, I first need to work up some storyboards. I plan to do some painted scenery for these first, and then work on actually building the sets.
To see sketches of the scenes themselves, look here:
"Set designs" for an animation project done in stop motion across the pages of a book.
Will be doing storyboards soon as well.
CLICK FOR ANIMATION!!!
Kinda what I’m going for in my Camera Mapping exercise.
The camera rotates around, but as it rotates I want the shadow to transform as shown.
The overlap for the wings won’t be there in the final.
Good use of Camera Tracking…
At 11:15 pm I’ll be taking a break from actual work to do a little drawing.
I’ll be livestreaming this on photoshop, and will post how far I get on tumblr after, if I like it.
Let’s go with Matthew Jane, Valentine, and Francis David!
7. Sin representation:
Valentine: He’s very prideful, and even thought he will never admit it, he’s envious of the power a noble name gives people, but also envious of the freedom that people find when they don’t have one. He’s also got quite a bit of lust built up and indulges himself fully on it. ;]
Matthew: Ignorance. I know it isn’t one of the seven deadly sins, but that’s probably the origin of his problems. He’s not very intelligent (can’t read or write) but he does have very strict morals which only become a tiny bit more lax later in the story.
David: Cowardice. Again, not one of the seven deadly ones, but it greatly hinders him and those around him often.
17: Morning person?
Matthew: After many years as either a priest or a knight of his god, he’s always risen early to the point where it’s just become natural to rise early. If he wasn’t before, he’s been conditioned over time.
Valentine: NOPE! Hangovers are a bitch and a half.
David: Probably not…He won’t complain as much as Valentine, but I can’t see him rising early in the morning as easily as Matt.
27: Are they vindictive?
Matthew: Not really, save for one incident. His foundling daughter, Deitrun, was tortured and murdered in front of him when she was still very young, and he was tortured right afterwards. Murdering those who had done it to him might be his one driving goal later on, but aside from that incident he pretty much forgives everyone if they repent.
Valentine: Vindictive is his middle name. He will find a reason to hold a grudge against someone, and when you piss him off it’s usually until the end of your life that he’ll hate you. That end comes whenever you’re no longer useful to him. so… Yes. A million times, yes.
David: He’s not brave enough to even consider holding a grudge. Most of the time, people just end up making him terrified.
37: Does your character have nightmares often?
Matthew: Not often. He did have rather traumatic nightmares after his daughter was killed, but after a while he was able to sleep.
Valentine: All night every night. For a while it’s just dreams of the sort of trouble he could get into because of his actions, and being set back to square one in terms of his plans. He’s worked towards a noble position since he was around 10, so having that stripped from him is one of his largest nightmares. Later on his dreams turn toward nightmares of losing the one person he might actually care for.
David: Probably all the time. He’s been gifted with fore-sight and paints the visions he’s given from the God. The god is not a benevolent god, and so the visions are usually only bloody, terrifying, and people are typically dying in horrific ways in them. He watches the scene play out, as if through a window, and paints what he sees. He dreams of those visions on repeat, and his own imagination adds to them.
Give me a number!
- How did your character’s parents meet?
- In a zombie apocalypse, which of your characters would die first? which one would die last?
- If your character had a super power, what would it be? If your character already has a superpower, what is it?
- What kind of drunk is your character?
- Which Hogwarts house would your character be in?
- Your character is suddenly and without explanation given a baby to take care of for three days. What kind of caretaker are they, and how does that turn out?
- Which deadly sin does your character most embody?
- What is your character most likely to get arrested for?
- Does your character resemble their mother or their father more?
- Does your character take after their mother or their father more, in terms of personality traits and mannerisms?
- Does your character believe in God or another deity?
- How bad or good is your character’s eyesight?
- Does your character have any kinks?
- What is your character’s alignment?
- Would your character rather be too hot, or too cold?
- What kind of child was your character?
- Is your character a morning person?
- A gif describing your character when they’re angry!
- Does your character cry easily? What’s an example of something they’d cry about?
- If your character could change something fundamental about themselves, would they? What would it be?
- Does your character take a long time getting ready in the morning?
- What kind of roommate would your character be?
- Is there any particular food that your character won’t eat?
- How does your character feel about germs or dirt?
- Is your character prone to jealousy?
- How good is your character with technology?
- Does your character hold grudges? Are they vindictive?
- A gif describing your character’s primary relationship!
- Does your character shave? How much body hair do they have?
- Does your character paint their nails?
- If your character was a dog breed, what breed would they be?
- If your character was a cat breed, what breed would they be?
- Has your character ever been in a romantic relationship without sex?
- Has your character ever been in a sexual relationship without romance?
- What is your character’s handwriting like?
- Does your character remember their dreams?
- Does your character have nightmares often?
- Does your character get sick easily?
- What does your character like in their tea/coffee?
- A gif that best describes your character!